About the Client
As a local cycling enthusiast, iFactory’s own Technical/Managing Director Julian Drake is one of three developers of a brand new web and mobile app called Pelofy. Currently in beta release, the web app boasts an ever-increasing number of users worldwide. The app means an end to late night, bleary-eyed texts and miscommunication for cyclists.
The aim of Pelofy is to bring the social aspects of cycling together in a web and mobile app, allowing users to discover, plan and share rides. Users can create recurring or one-off rides complete with start time, location, distance, speed and scheduled stops. Users can then join or withdraw from rides by “checking in” or “checking out”, and can follow individual riders or groups as they coordinate rides in their area.
Key website features included:
- Externally hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) including CDM known as CloudFront
- Mobile App uses Ionic with AngularJS (made compatible across iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry using PhoneGap)
- Highlighted components (web app and mobile app):
- Google Maps integration for plotting route location and geolocation search
- Twitter and Facebook integration (with ability to “share” Rides and Groups on your Timeline)
- Automated email marketing through MailChimp integration via the API, Mandrill