The method behind our madness
First, we find out as much as we can about who you are and what your goals are. Your website needs to reflect your individual voice and approach to the world, in addition to telling the world about your products or services. Without that, we would just be making the same kind of website everyone else does, and you deserve to stand out from the crowd.
From there we create a font and design palette that works as our base for the design, so that every visual element fits into one coherent whole. This is used as the basis of the full site design and we share this journey with our clients every step of the way to incorporate as much feedback and industry knowledge as possible.
We all know that first impressions count. Designs that make great first impressions don’t happen by accident. We often think about how a user approaches a new site and how their approach changes over time:
- In one fifth of a second, it’s a gut-feeling. It’s emotional and instantaneous. It’s a positive or negative “feel” and it may even be subconscious. Our extensive knowledge of what works in these moments is crucial.
- In 5 seconds, that all-important first impression is now set in stone. Does it load quickly? Is it easy to navigate on your device? Is the message clear? Five seconds is all it takes for these questions to be answered.
- In 15 seconds, it’s time to decide whether to stay or leave. Do you think you will get what you want from this site? Judgement is swift and severe. With good design you might stay maybe a few minutes, but with bad designs it’s a few seconds.
- In 50 seconds, the battle is half won. In that time you’ve explored the home page, scanned the menu, and even rubber-stamped their brand. You’ve probably found what you’re looking for and now deciding if you want it in beige or black.
- In 5 minutes, you’re shouting their slogan from the rooftop. Five minutes is an eternity on the web and if you’ve stayed this long, you definitely like what’s on offer and want more.
Intuitive layout, fast load speed, the right colour palette, captivating copy, seamless transitions and cutting-edge features are all crucial to achieving a fantastic website design. The team at iFactory can’t wait to talk to you about your specific target audience. See our work and judge for yourself.