Case Study: My AOD Prevention Website and logo
My AOD Prevention is a new national alcohol and other drugs (AOD) prevention resource for workers launched in early 2015.
About the Client
My AOD Prevention is a new national alcohol and other drugs (AOD) prevention resource for workers launched in early 2015. Coordinated by DRUG ARM Australia and funded under a government grant, this national prevention resource project aims to increase connectedness among the AOD Prevention workforce and provide access to best-practice models, resources and strategies for primary, secondary and tertiary AOD prevention.
My AOD Prevention approached iFactory to design their logo, as well as an industry-leading web portal that engages the public and connects the AOD prevention workforce nationally. The website would be structured around three key areas: Theory, Knowledge and Practice. Each area would have a different purpose and feature set, but be suitably interlinked.
At the outset, iFactory’s creative team designed a logo to capture My AOD Prevention’s dominant theme of connecting workers nationally. Based on the new logo and colour palette, the team designed a responsive website using the powerful open source content management system (CMS) Drupal, with the following fundamental features:
- Resource database (1000+ items) with Advanced Search: Reliable resources (documents, links etc) are uploaded by admin users for visitors to access. Registered users can comment and rate resources, and recommend a new resource. All comments are moderated by admin users.
- Database of user-generated articles: Registered users are able to submit summaries of their experiences to maximise exposure and impact. Each item is reviewed by admin users to ensure authenticity and consistency before going live. Registered users can comment and rate items.
- Peer Support Forums: Registered users can engage in topical online discussions.
- Events Calendar: Interactive events calendar with option to sync with Outlook using iCal.
- Live Twitter and Pinterest feeds: Social engagement is encouraged on the site. Both channels are moderated to manage spam posts.
- Logo Design.
Read more insights
Google restructures as Alphabet
It would seem Google has outgrown Google. In a surprise announcement this week, the search giant declared it is restructuring…