Case Study: Orocobre
The need for a website redesign was heightened as Orocobre shifted to its next stage of development and maturation.
About the Client
The demand for lithium is growing 12% year-on-year. One of the companies specialising in this natural resource is Orocobre. Over a twenty-year development, Orocobre is now operating the world’s first commercial, brine based lithium operation, producing approximately 17,500tpa for distribution to the industrial, technical and battery industries.
The need for a website redesign was heightened as Orocobre shifted to its next stage of development and maturation. With increasing production and sales came greater visibility from investors and analysts, having recently become an ASX200 company.
They wanted their website to do a few things:
- Reflect the output of what their product does for innovation, including Tesla and other smart cars, lithium batteries and smartphones.
- Support their government, legal and compliance requirements associated with being an ASX company, which includes ASX/TSX data, news
- Support investor, media and business development relations with news and easy to digest content from big data.
iFactory created a responsive website design which was visually striking for every user. The former website was content heavy and data focused, so our team of designers based the design on Orocobre’s printed annual report, which featured on-trend and infographical style content and was an effective and engaging way to display big data to users unfamiliar with the industry.
To cater to investors and financial/industry journalists, as well as ensure legal/compliance requirements are met, we built in an ASX/TSX live feed and created a dedicated media centre and investor centre, which included a document management system for financial reports, ASX/TSX announcements, technical reports, presentations, analyst coverage, capital structure and general company news. This easy-to-use document system meant administrators can be quick to react as news is announced.
- WordPress as a Content Management System
- Responsive web design with homepage video banner
- Stakeholder workshops
- Live ASX/TSX data feed
- Social Media channel set up including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Google Translate for language translation
- Google Maps integration
- Professional copywriting and scriptwriting
- Document management system
- Enquiry form with database management
Completed: June 2017
To design a digital solution that is right for you, call iFactory on +61 7 3844 0577 or email email@example.com.