Grow your reach on Instagram with these three hashtag tricks
With over 400 million users and an average of 80 million photos posted each day, using Instagram for business is valuable for your social media marketing strategies.
But how do you access some of those 3.5 billion likes given per day? With an Instagram hashtag of course.
According to Buffer, accounts with less than 1,000 followers that use 11 hashtags with their photos get on average 77.66 interactions per Instagram post. This proves that by using the simple hashtag (#) symbol you can reach a wider audience through Instagram marketing. And here is how:
#1: Piggy back on established trends
Popular and trending hashtags are a great way to build your presence. Some examples of these are:
- #selfie – Take a selfie while you are working (with the boss’ permission) or while you are at a business function or conference
- #photooftheday – Capture a moment at work that reflects your success and business
#2: Join the crowd and use a popular theme
Themes are all over Instagram and can be used to start a conversation and show potential followers that you are willing to join in on the fun. Some popular themes to consider are:
- #motivationmonday – Snap a inspirational quote or image and send some positivity to your followers
- #TBT or #throwbackthursday – The throwback shot is a great way to educate your followers on your company’s history. Share pictures from a special event that you hosted last year
- #followfriday – Build rapport with your network and post a picture of your client or partner asking your followers to follow them. In turn you will have other companies endorsing you and sending you new followers. It is also a great way to say thank you to your clients.
#3: Spread some inspiration
Inspirational quotes and stories are a great way to interact with Instagram users. There are image tools out there like Canva, that can help create high quality image quotes, but don’t forget to use a hashtag. Here are some examples:
- #instaquote- Use this hashtag with an inspiring quote
- #quoteoftheday or #qotd – By using this hashtag you will also be on trend and grab attention from accounts that are searching for quotes each day.
Keep these points in mind when you next post an image or video on Instagram. It is best to use multiple hashtags to improve your visibility. Experiment with each hashtags and see which ones fit your business and generate the most followers and likes. Remember that you must keep your hashtags, images and all Instagram content relevant to your industry; this will provide the right interaction with your customers and prospective clients.
The all encompassing, award winning iFactory is a one stop digital agency for your web design, internet marketing and eCommerce needs, established to deliver advanced digital solutions for your business and personal brand, and we can help you to maximise your Instagram reach.
Contact iFactory today on +61 7 3844 0577 to find out about our entire suite of web solutions and how we can build your online profile.
Read more insights
13 visual content marketing statistics you need to know
The popularity and success of visual content marketing has been growing at a shocking rate in recent years, and it shows no sign of stopping. Here at 13 content marketing statistics to incorporate into your marketing strategy.