If you’ve got a personal Instagram profile, why do you need an Instagram Business Profile?
If you already have a personal Instagram account, you can now convert your page into a professional Instagram Business Profile. The real issue is: Should you?
Reasons to convert a personal Instagram profile into a Business Profile
If you are using Instagram to promote your business rather than just to post photos of cats, now is the time to take advantage of the new Instagram Business Profiles Based on the very successful Facebook business pages, an Instagram Business Profile lets you:
- Include more information about your business in your profile, such as contact numbers, email address and physical location
- Have direct access to your customers with new buttons such as Contact, Get Directions, Call and Email
- Access Instagram Insights, which provides analytical data on your customers and their engagement levels with your Instagram posts
If you’ve decided that it is worth converting your Instagram personal profile to an Instagram Business Profile, Here’s the quick how to guide to get you started:
- Go to your profile and tap the Settings icon
- Tap the Connect to Facebook Page screen and select the Facebook Page that you’d like to associate your Instagram Business Profile with.
- Now you’’ll be on the Set Up Your Business Profile page, once you’ve checked these details are correct, tap Done.
You’re finished. Congratulations on setting up your Instagram Business Profile. Let’s have a quick look at some of the customer insights you’ll have access to.
Instagram Insights can help you learn a lot about your customers. You’ll see who your followers are, when they are online and you can also evaluate the success of your Instagram posts by comparing how, when and why people engage with certain posts. Other insights include:
- Impressions – the number of times your post was seen
Reach – number of different accounts that have viewed your posts
- Website clicks – a key metric to understand who is clicking from your Instagram Business Profile to your website.
- Follower activity – when are most of your customers online? When is the peak time that your followers engage with your post?
All these insights deliver valuable information for your digital marketing strategy. Together with your other social media platforms, Instagram Business Profiles have the potential to boost your brand awareness, drive customers to your website and provide new channel for your business to engage with existing and potential customers.
Still confused about which social media channel is best for your business? Contact us. iFactory is a leading digital agency based in Brisbane, providing the full range of digital strategy services to a wide range of clients, including social media campaigns across platforms that include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube.