There are some clear trends and interesting statistics already emerging in the world of email marketing. Here are our Top Ten for the year so far.
‘Old school’ email marketing still strong in 2016
Today, it would be very hard to find any adult or teenager in the western world who doesn’t use the ‘@’ symbol every single day. In fact, there are now 2.586 billion email users worldwide, including both business and consumer users, which is why in terms of reliability and authenticity, using email still works when you need to engage with your audience.
Our Top 10 email marketing statistics for 2016
- One out of every three clicks within an email occurs on a mobile device.
- 57% of email subscribers spend 10-60 minutes browsing marketing emails during the week
- Email marketing technology is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies
- 90% of email gets delivered to the intended recipient’s inbox, whereas only 2% of your Facebook fans see your posts in their News Feed.
- B2C marketers who leverage email marketing automation have seen conversion rates as high as 50%
- Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%
- 60% of marketers use conversion rates to evaluate an email’s effectiveness.
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- 74% of marketers say targeted personalisation increases customer engagement.
- 29% of marketers look at ROI metrics to evaluate email effectiveness.
Mastering email marketing’s new trick
We’ve also spotted some emerging but very clear trends for 2016, such as:
- Email marketing will experience a second coming of age in 2016, thanks to mobile strategies, more integrations and more insights from data.
- 2016 will be the big year for modular template design, where marketers can have versions of the same template instead of each one being different, heavy and complex
- More of marketers’ time will be spent on automation, versus scheduled campaigns and email broadcasts.
Email marketing automation doesn’t need to take the place of your scheduled campaigns, but the data is in and it’s simply a fact that automated emails trigged by the online behaviour of your customers are getting opened and clicked on more frequently.
We create, write and manage email marketing campaigns for a wide range of clients. If you need targeted, perfectly designed email newsletters that speak to your target market, contact iFactory today. See our Pinterest board Email Marketing Statistics 2016 for more top tips.